Each audit includes a deep dive discovery session followed by in-depth research on the industry, the current scope of the market, and assessing your business and its strategy, goals, and targets.
On this page, I have included some screenshots from a recent marketing audit I completed for a client, and should give you a fairly good understanding of the quality of work you get.
Marketing Strategy Scorecard
A proprietary tool I have developed in-house, the scorecard is composed of a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) that align with your business goals.
The scorecard is our starting point and it helps me assess how well you are achieving these goals and identify areas for improvement.
9-Part Marketing Audit Framework
1. Marketing Environment Audit: A review of the current market situation, including competitor analysis, market trends, and customer behavior.
2. Strategy Audit: An assessment of your current marketing strategies to ensure they align with your business goals and are effective in reaching your target audience.
3. Channel Audit: Evaluation of each marketing channel (SEO, email marketing, social media, PPC, etc.) to determine its effectiveness and ROI.
4. Content Audit: Review your content strategy and individual content pieces for quality, consistency, and effectiveness in attracting and converting customers.
5. SEO Audit: Evaluate your website’s SEO performance, including keyword ranking, backlink profile, and technical SEO aspects.
6. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Audit: A detailed examination of your website’s user experience and conversion paths to identify areas for improvement and increase the percentage of visitors who complete desired actions.
7. Email Marketing Audit: An evaluation of your email marketing program to analyze the effectiveness of your email content, design, deliverability, subscriber list health, segmentation strategy, and overall performance metrics.
8. Inbound Marketing Audit: Evaluation of your inbound marketing efforts, such as content marketing, email marketing, and lead generation tactics.
9. Analytics Audit: Assessment of your current analytics setup to ensure accurate tracking and measurement of your marketing performance.
Outcome of a Marketing Audit
Based on the audit and my findings, I will make a recommended action plan that will include tools, teams, and training for your business.
Customer Journey Map
This includes an in-depth assessment of the road a customer takes from being unaware of your business to becoming a brand ambassador.
I will discover unique pain points and the questions in your customers’ minds at each stage, and help you not only preempt but provide those answers on the right channel at the right time.
Proposed Marketing Team Structure
Based on your budget and business needs, I will make recommendations on in-house vs outsourced marketing team structure.
Functional Org Chart
For each of your marketing action plan items, you will use this functional chart to delegate and manage it like an assembly line.
Team members included in the functional org chart will use these workflows to ensure there’s accountability built in at each stage.
Tactical Implementation Plan
A step-by-step quarterly action plan, and the weekly allocation of the tasks to be performed over the next 4 weeks.
Now It’s Your Turn
Using a marketing strategy audit can provide a clear, at-a-glance view of how well your business is performing.
It can guide strategic decision-making, inform resource allocation, and ensure alignment between marketing activities and business objectives.